The Admissions Process
The process involves these steps:
Montessori classrooms operate according to unique guidelines and principles. By spending 30 minutes in one of our classrooms you will begin to appreciate the value of the Montessori environment and experience for children. You will also come away with many questions.
2) Meeting with our Head of School (right after a classroom observation)
This is your opportunity to get answers to your questions and to hear a comprehensive presentation of the Montessori approach to education: what explains its uniqueness? What scientific research supports the Montessori approach? What can you expect for your child? How will it serve the long-term educational goals you have for you child?
3) Submitting an application (Download Application Form)
By submitting an application for admission you are signaling to CMS that your interest in enrolling your child is significant.
Upon completion of these steps we will consider your application for admission to the program. Admissions decisions are based on the following criteria:
- space availability
- maintaining balanced classrooms (age mix and gender)
- family understanding of and commitment to Montessori principles
- family commitment to the complete Montessori program (i.e. enrollment according to 3-yr cycles of development: 3-6, 6-9, 9-12. For the Toddler House program this is limited to the more narrow age range of that program, 18-36 months)
The CMS community encourages diversity within the student body, faculty, and administrative staff. In order to create an inclusive environment and prepare our children for a multicultural world, CMS welcomes all types of diversity, including, but not limited to, race, socioeconomic status, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, family structure, learning style, physical differences, and religion.