Mission and Philosophy
The mission of the Corvallis Montessori School is to educate children to their fullest potential in a supportive and nurturing environment. We strive to help children develop and maintain their innate love of learning and to make education a joyful lifelong process.
We are committed to providing a prepared environment that guides children toward the development of practical, intellectual, physical, and social skills. This fosters self-confidence, independence, self-discipline, respect, and personal and social responsibility. To achieve these goals the Corvallis Montessori School will:
- Operate a school that educates children according to the approach established by Dr. Maria Montessori, according to the standards of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
- Keep Montessori principles and ideals paramount while maintaining fiscal stability.
- Maintain classes that are well balanced with regard to age, gender, and cultural diversity. We welcome children of all races, religions, socio-economic levels, nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, as well as children with physical, developmental, and emotional disabilities.
- Offer tuition assistance to those in financial need.
- Maintain and promote the educational philosophy of Maria Montessori and introduce the Montessori Method of education to the public. This includes educating parents in Montessori principles and working towards consistency between home and school environments to benefit the child.